The first Penguin Point restaurant was opened June 6th, 1950 in Wabash, Indiana, at the intersection of State Rd. 13 and State Rd. 15, as a carhop drive-in and is still in operation today. It was started by 2 Stouder Families. Wallace and Mary Stouder, and Lloyd and Heleta Stouder Wallace Stouder installed the first tel-hop system in Indiana and only the 2nd in the country. It was the beginning of a convenient drive –thru.